Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Southern Eats

Beef from where?
My boyfriend has a slight obsession with burgers. Everywhere we go, if burgers are on the menu, he must order. So in the spirit of him not along for the NC trip, I tried the Montana beef burger at Spanky’s Restaurant. The Montana Ranch fresh ground beef, “vegetarian fed, antibiotic and hormone free burger” sounded intriguing to say the least. So I gave it a shot – what’s the worst that could happen? Seriously, it was by far the best I have ever had. I immediately text the boy to share my enthusiasm of such a burger. It was very light in taste. Incredible, really. I would even describe it as gourmet. His response – “send me a pic!” Again – too late, plate was clean.

Not sure if this is the norm down here, but I like it!

Pig pickin’ good
That evening, we attend an authentic southern pig roast at a barn. Pulled pork was the featured dish and to prove it – a giant pig head right placed right there on the grill. Nice.
This isn’t an actual pic but you get the idea:


It was different than I expected – this pulled pork was plain shreds of meat with a very light vinegar sauce . It was interesting.

I really liked the cherry cobbler.

No comments: